Tuesday, March 5, 2013

These days...


These days, I am dragging myself and a handful of documents to the gym.  I work out on the machine for a good 30-minutes while reviewing APII Power Points or reading about specific micro-nutrients for my metabolism class.  Afterward, I head back home to get ready for the day.  Usually my days consist of attending class or prepping for teaching my own courses.  I am out three evenings a week -- two evenings teaching and one graduate seminar -- and try to make the most of my short little weekends.  That generally includes time with Aaron, the dogs, yoga, more homework, grading, and spending time with my lovely friends.  It's a good life.  Full in all the best ways, which is more than I can say about my days as an associate dean.

I rarely have the desire to write blogs these days.  For nearly a year now, I've been turned off by the blog and, as much as I try to be not turned off by it, I find it difficult to get excited about writing anything online.  I tried getting back onto Facebook but found it to be a distraction that I could not afford to entertain. Besides, I have plenty of other things to keep my busy.

One of my goals for 2013 is to participate in eight 5ks.  This week I began "training" on the treadmill (which has turned out to be a second trip to the gym).  My hope is that I can participate in my first 5k in April.  Cross your fingers for me!  Although yes, at this point, it will take a lot more than finger-crossing for me to cross any finish lines in a timely manner.  But that's okay.  I'm up for the challenge.

My dear friend, Nicole, and I have been trying out various hummus recipes: avocado, black bean, cilantro-lime, carrot...all fantastic.  Last week, Nicole and I also went to see "Silver Linings Playbook" which I liked, admittedly, much better than I thought I might.

I have been offered a summer class (teaching) and two, possibly three, classes in the fall.  I was offered a fourth possible class but did not want to commit to teaching four classes this coming fall.  All in all, the year is moving along quite nicely.  I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life and thankful for all the many opportunities I have been/am given.  Happy March, everyone! :)

2 comments:

DiTa said...

Please don't give up on the blogging. I suspect it might be the only "creative" writing you get to do these days.
And how else would I know what is going on!

East Coast Girl said...

I'm not giving up on blogging...I still have my iPhone blog :)

And(!) you could always get Aaron to write a blog...

By the way, I've been writing offline... :)